5 Bird Facts
- THE SHORTEST BEAK: the KIWI since its nostrils are at the end of its beak
- THE LONGEST BEAK: the AUSTRALIAN PELICAN with a 13-18.5 inch beak
- THE SMALLEST BIRD: the male BEE HUMMINGBIRD who weighs in at a whooping 0.056 ounces
- THE BIGGEST FIELD OF VISION: the WOODCOCK whose eyes are placed so far back in its head that it can see 360 degrees around itself
- THE LARGEST WINGSPAN: the WANDERING ALBATROSS. In 1965, a male was found with a wingspan of 11 feet 11 inches. These birds can fly for several hours without beating their wings.
Are there more bird facts to add? Of course there are.
5 drawings was all I had time to do for this week’s post.
See what interesting bird facts you can find.
Have a great day!