Tree Bark Rubbings
Utensil for rubbing such as charcoal stick, crayon, soft pencil
1. Find a tree with bark that you can easily reach.
2. Hold your paper on the tree or have someone hold it for you.
3. Rub your crayon across the paper, pressing the paper into the bark.
4. Make the bark rubbing as big as you like-covering the entire paper, part of the paper etc.
5. You can be creative by using different colored crayons, charcoal, or pencils.
6. Label your bark rubbing with the species of tree and date.
7. You can display your bark rubbing in a frame, keep it in your nature journal, or use it in an art project. Have fun and be creative.
This activity can be done during any season. Just not in the rain!
I’m working on a collage using bark rubbings in different colors. Watch for it in a week or two.
Have a great day!